Friday, March 7, 2008

Hamster Run



Much like a hamster running on an exercise wheel I was off to the local jr. high school track to do a 35 minute workout. It’s not that I enjoy running mindless ovals but my chronic injuries are preventing me from running hills (up or down) and trails at this time. You would think running at a track would be uneventful, but hundreds of Canadian geese have make the town’s athletic field their winter home. Some of them are very territorial and have not learned the concept of sharing. On every lap I passed an angry goose trying to get a piece of me. That was not the worst of it though. The track was a minefield, littered with hundreds if not thousands of goose dropping in various stages of “freshness”. Dodging the do-do kept me alert and the time passed much quicker than I had anticipated. I completed 3.8 miles in 35 minutes. This is my best run since returning from a 7 month layoff about 5 weeks ago. Yes, it’s going to be a long road back.

My training partners. Fat and slow like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...