Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Monthly Training Update - June

This was my best month of running in two years topping out at 164 miles. That’s the most I run since June 2007 when I ran 235 miles. Four days later I won the 50-59 age division in a 5K race on July 4, 2007. Then I didn’t run another step for seven months due to a few medical problems, some of which still persist. I’m so much slower now than I was back then but still I’m very thankful to be running again, at any pace. I don’t think I will ever regain what was lost, but that won’t stop me from trying.

June ReCap:

Total Miles: 164
Longest Run: 21
# of Runs: 18
Avg. Miles: 9.1

I saw three turkeys during my run along Muddy River today. It’s the same three that like to wander around the Campus of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. They are big and ugly. No wonder I only eat them once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I am glad you are running, too. Your miles are ramping up!...I look forward to some runs with some of my favorite turkeys soon. Love the new word blurb at header.
    Em

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...