Saturday, October 3, 2009

September Training Update

September was a recovery month for me and I ran about 10% less than I did the previous month. After competing in the GLER 50K the last weekend of August I needed a break. I thought my recovery would only take a week but it took nearly the entire month before I started to feel “normal” again. I didn’t race or do any really long runs during the month. I don’t think I could have even if I wanted to. Two weeks after GLER I went out for a 20 mile run but stopped at 12. I was just too tired. I was able to close out the month with a good run at the Vermont 50 (18 mile relay leg) and feel like my running legs have finally returned.

September Recap:

Total Miles: 166
Longest Run: 18
# of Runs: 20
Avg. Run: 8.3
# of Races: None
Trail Miles: 61%

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are feeling better. Its so hard when your mind wants to run and your body says, 'Nah...maybe another day' lol.

    Love the new pic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust your instincts, your body knows how to asks for a break. Like the new header image...so VT.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...