Sunday, September 16, 2012

Walking In The Woods

Putting in more miles on the sidewalks of Saugus on such a beautiful Sunday afternoon did not appeal to me in the least. I have to avoid rough terrain and steep or long hills so walking in the woods is not something I've been able to do. But then I thought the lowlands of the Ipswich Wildlife Sanctuary might be just the thing for me.  I hopped in my truck and 25 minutes later I was walking tranquil trails and quiet carriage roads under towering trees.  Sure beats pavement!

I didn't see any birds of distinction but did come across a doe with her two fawns and a chunky woodchuck.  Unfortunately, they scampered off before I could get any photos of them.  I did get a few nice pictures though. At least I think so.

Stone walls line the carriage road leaving the visitors center.

Towering hemlocks

View from stone bridge.

Tranquil trails await.

Mill Pond

Crazy tree with antlers.

Fungi

First sign of autumn.

More photos can be viewed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...