Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Unfinished Business

I ended 2015 with two unfinished projects and it's been bugging me all winter. 


Bay Circuit Trail, MA
When I make it my goal to run the 230 mile Bay Circuit Trail (BCT) back in 2011 I never thought I would still be working towards its completion five years later. I started out strong running over 100 miles between April and June but an ailing ITB sidelined me for the rest of 2011. I hiked another 77 miles in 2013 and 2014 but that still left me about 53 mile short of my goal. Completing the BCT is a top priority for me this year.

North-South Trail, RI

In 2015, I hiked over half of the 78 mile North-South Trail (NST) but lost interest due to a large percentage of road walking. I've had some time to reflect on this over the winter and I've decided to finish the trail this year. Completing the NST is important to me now because it will be the first leg of a 340 mile journey across four states which I'm calling the "Sea to Summits Tour." I'll be posting more details about this personal project in the coming months.

It's going to be a very busy year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...